I just wrote an enormously long post which disappeared when I tried to publish it, when my computer was mysteriously booted off our internet network. Grrr. So, sorry to say this will be a very, very condensed version, in list form no less, attempting to summarise my fascinating musings on the day and the dinner.
- It’s nice to eat roasted vegetables again, they taste like autumn dinners should taste. This is a good thing when it is in fact autumn. Unlike many of the winter meals we ate in August.
- Dinner tonight, Veal Chops and Balsamic-Thyme Roasted Tomatoes and Mushrooms was pretty reasonable. The roast vegetables were very good, the meat a little on the bland old-boot side.
- Dinner tomorrow, Chorizo-Tomato Stew on Garlic Croutons with Zesty Parsley Sprinkle sounds pretty good too.
- Dinner the following night however sounds bad. It’s called Anyone for Brunch? B, L, or D Adaptation (That’s Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner to You!) but is in fact the same stew with a fried egg on top I believe.
- Great news! Our washer and dryer have finally been switched position-wise, after almost two months of requests and disappointments. My life is officially tragically dull on account of being so ridiculously pleased about this development.
- The baby room, it is almost there. The big sister, she may have some issues regarding coveting of the rug.
- The baby herself, surely she can’t get any lower before she just appears. Talk about uncomfortable. But my I have a sexy waddle.